Happy Monday! I'm back today with another roundup of favorites in Today's Top 3. Today's topic has been a common theme around here: blogging. Here's a look at some of my favorite posts, recent blog finds, and referrers.
Top 3 Helpful Posts on Blogging
- No Blog Traffic? Here's a Simple Strategy to Seduce Readers and Win Clients - Great article on understanding your reader, identifying your blog's purpose, and not creating content for the sake of creating content. This is a must-read for every blogger!
- How to Write a Blog Post in Just 30 Minutes - Do you struggle with finding time to create content-rich, valuable blog posts? This article is full of great tips and strategies for cutting down on the time it takes you to write your posts.
- The One Thing Behind Every Great Blog - An awesome article about the one thing I'm always harping about in my blog posts. Not only is it well-written, but the advice is spot on!
Top 3 Recent Blog Discoveries
- Jennypurr - I came across Jen's blog about a month ago, and I've since been blown away by her helpful variety of content. Jen is always sharing insightful tips for bloggers and creatives, and she comes up with ideas that I don't often see on other blogs. I especially love these posts: What To Do When Someone Else Also Has Your Awesome Idea, If A Job's Worth Doing It's Worth Doing Well, and The Biggest Ways We Waste Time As Creatives (and how to stop)
- The Veda House - New to me this week, but I got lost for a crazy amount of time looking through Cassie's posts once I stumbled upon them. Cassie is an art director, graphic designer, and photo stylist who shares about her work, inspiration, and insight on blogging and design. Needless to say, it's right up my alley! Favorite posts (so far): Saving Time With Streamlined Blogging, Finding a Workflow Balance, and Valuable Resources for Freelancers
- By Regina - Another blogger who has great content! I haven't had as much time as I would like to on Regina's site (I just discovered it a day or two ago) but I love her advice for creative entrepreneurs and bloggers. Some of my favorite posts: Top 15 Creative Business Tools That I Use Every Week, and 3 Classy and Profitable Ways to Turn Down Freelance Clients
Top 3 Blog Referrers
- Bloglovin - If you're a blogger and you haven't created an account on Bloglovin yet or haven't promoted Bloglovin on your site, you're missing out on a great opportunity. This platform is a fantastic way for your current readers to keep up with your latest posts and for new readers to discover your blog. Just last week a post of mine gained popularity on the site and my number of readers more than doubled. So get on board with Bloglovin, stat!
- Pinterest - I've talked all about growing your readership through Pinterest in this post, but it's worth highlighting again. Pinterest is always up there in my top 3 referrers. Allow readers to pin images from your site and get in the habit of creating graphics that are pin-worthy. You may not see the benefits overnight, but I promise that you'll see great results in the long run!
- Facebook - I'm not the biggest fan of Facebook, but it has been an outlet for promoting my site and featuring my latest work. Each time I hit "publish" on a blog post, I head over to my business page and create a post to promote it. I've also found it helpful to create albums for my different blog series with links to the content.
It's your turn! What are your top 3 favorite posts, blogs, and referrers?