Recipes are much more fun to make when they're written on pretty recipe cards, wouldn't you agree? This week I've added three recipe card designs to the Elle & Company Library:
Not only would these be a colorful addition to your kitchen, but they also make a great gift idea for a friend or bride-to-be. Simply print them on your favorite cardstock, trim, tie with baker's twine and a gift tag, and you're all set.
Are you a member of the Elle & Company Library? Log in to access these new designs or sign up today by clicking the link below:
And just for fun, here's a simple recipe that I've been making a lot lately. I love it for several reasons: it puts those week-old brown bananas to good use, it doesn't leave me with a lot of dishes, it's a good go-to breakfast for weekday mornings, and it's super simple to make.
Lauren's Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter (I substitute margarine)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and baking soda. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.