Sometimes it's fun to do a completely random post, especially in the midst of a busy, design-heavy week. It's also fun to get you guys involved in these blog posts. So today's topic has nothing to do with design, business, or Elle & Company. Instead, I'm sharing some things you probably wouldn't guess about me so that we can get to know each other a little better. I hope you'll enjoy these little odd facts and join in by sharing some fun facts about yourself! Here goes:
10 Things You Would Never Guess About Me
- I was a Jazzercise fanatic in high school and an aerobics instructor in college.
- I've been known to bust a rhyme (case in point)
- I've also been known to sleep through fire alarms. Jake claims that I'm the hardest person to get out of bed in the morning. I politely disagree.
- I won second place in our middle school art show. The first place winner? My unartistic husband... and he still brings it up.
- I'm very gullible. When I was younger my family made a game out of seeing what they could make me believe. They had me convinced that my dad had false teeth and even worse, that he robbed a bank. Being the youngest is rough, I tell you!
- I earned extra money in high school the way every other successful artist did: drawing colored-pencil portraits of people's pets.
- I came close to switching my major to psychology or accounting halfway through design school, but my wise older sister talked me out of it (thanks Allyson!)
- I never had a nickname until I became an aunt. Now I'm affectionately referred to as LaLa.
- Although you would probably have me pegged as a pop music loving, Taylor Swift singing girly-girl, I actually prefer Indie music. Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr., Great Good Fine OK, and Toro Y Moi are some of my current favorites.
- I was sooo not a cat person until Heidi adopted us a few months ago. Now she has me wrapped around her cute little paw.
Are you surprised by any of these? Now it's your turn to share your secret talents, quirks, and pet peeves (extra kudos if you come up with 10!). Happy Thursday!